Thursday, February 2, 2012

I'll vote for me!


You are more in control over your life than you think, whether you believe in karma, God or the secret. They all tell you that how you behave and think will determine what kind of life you will live. Knowing this is the easy part, owning it and living it on the other hand is far more complicated. Not because we don’t want good things for ourselves, of course not. One thing that is true for every human being is that we are selfish. The degrees of selfishness differ, but that is a topic for another day.  As I was saying, we all want good things for ourselves and for our lives.  Where we go wrong, or at least, where I go wrong is deceiving myself. Fall out boy put it so simply “the best part of beLIEve is the LIE”.

There is hope! Once you have figured out that you have been lying to yourself and face it. The rest is easy. I wish I could tell you how to fix it and guarantee that it will work, but I can’t. I will tell you what I’m trying and you can do what you will with it. So, like everyone else, I wanted good things for myself and for my life. I thought I believed in myself and believed that I deserved it...however my actions said otherwise. Going into a task or a test I prepared myself and others for the fail that I expected to follow. Now looking back I feel almost foolish for not seeing that I was the one person holding me back, I was responsible for not being where I wanted to be. I believed my lies; I was good at selling myself the lies. But! with a little tough love from my best friend and some hectic thinking. I realized that I was not on my own team. That was the hardest part.

Now I have to change my mindset, change the image I have of myself. I have to convince myself that I’m this brilliant beautiful woman, who has got a lot to offer.  I’m convincing myself to have faith in me and to back me with everything I do...knowing (well trying to, anyways) that I’m going to do everything I put my mind to. Along the way I’ll reward myself and praise myself for the things I do right. I’ll assess the things that did not go so well and see how I can fix it, and letting go of the unfix-able things without beating myself up unnecessarily, while never losing faith or hope.  That was a mouth full and slightly confusing, so I hope you followed. The best part of this whole process is that it is actually fun! I love, finding new ways to love myself. I love waking up happy, just because I know what I’m capable of so much. Mostly I love that more and more I am beginning to whole heartedly believe in myself.

I’m always saying to people...”don’t stress you’ll give yourself cancer” or “stop being so negative, you’ll give yourself cancer.”  Happiness is only a though away people. Believe in yourselves...if you cannot how must I.

God bless people :)
(No matter what God you believe in!)

1 comment: